Aster DM Healthcare announces the next Aster Guardians Global Nursing Award. This came in the line with its ongoing effort to recognize the contributions made by nurses to humanity and the healthcare community. The award is open to all registered nurses from all over the world. They can apply for the award by submitting their work nominations directly on its official website.
Registered nurses can apply in their preferred language (English, Mandarin, Hindi, Spanish, French, Arabic, or Tagalog). The last date to apply for the same is November 30, 2022.
Nurses may apply for one primary contribution area and up to two secondary contribution areas, such as patient care, nursing leadership, nursing education, social or community service, research, or innovation. A secondary post area can be optional.
How will the award be decided?
Once an application is accepted, it undergoes a rigorous multi-step review process and is managed by external bodies and an independent panel of judges. Aster has appointed her Ernst & Young LLP (EY) as a ‘process advisor’. This advisor will go through the following steps to shortlist the candidates:
1. Carefully reviewing the applications sent by nurses based on established eligibility criteria,
2. Evaluating these applications by an independent panel of experts, and
3. Provide a shortlist of candidates for the Grand Jury.
A grand jury made up of an independent panel of renowned experts will review the shortlisted applications to ultimately select her ten best nurses. These finalists will go through an open voting process and a panel discussion with a grand jury to determine the ultimate winner.
Dr. Azad Moopen claimed that the nurses are both undervalued and overstressed. He is the founder, Chairman, and CEO of Aster DM Healthcare. According to him, while doctors can be the brains of the health care system, nurses need to get the recognition they deserve. Following the success of the first edition of the Aster Guardians Global Nursing Awards, which received 24,000 entries from 184 countries, Aster DM Healthcare is moving forward with the next edition of the awards.
Kenyan nurse Anna Qabale Duba who was the winner of the $250,000 prize, has utilized this opportunity in building a school for the education of children and adults in the remote village of Turbi, Kenya. Coming from the same village, she plans to bridge the literacy gap among nomadic rural communities in northern Kenya.
What is Aster DM Healthcare?
Aster DM Healthcare Limited is one of the largest private healthcare institutions operating in GCC and India. With an intrinsic focus on clinical excellence, It is one of the few companies in the world with a strong presence in primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary healthcare. The company is operating through the following facilities in seven countries including India:
- 29 Hospitals
- 121 Clinics
- 421 Pharmacies (Including 176 Pharmacies in India operated by Alfaone Retail Pharmacies Private Limited under brand license from Aster.)
- 17 Labs, and
- 109 Patient Experience Centers
They have more than 27,200 dedicated employees, of whom 3,441 doctors and 7,901 nurses are from the countries in which they operate and have diverse interests. According to them, they make a simple but strong promise to our stakeholders, that is, “ We’ll treat you well”. We reach all economic segments in the GCC countries by providing differentiated healthcare services under their brand names ‘Aster’, ‘Medicare’, and ‘Access’.
Key Takeaways from the news:
- Aster Guardians Global Nursing Award is one of the world’s top awards in nursing with the highest prize money
- The first edition was held in Dubai on International Nurses Day in May 2022 which saw Nurse Anna Qabale Duba from Kenya win the award
- Nurses from around the world can submit their nominations via www.asterguardians.com by November 30, 2022
- Registered nurses can apply in any of the seven Languages – English, Mandarin, Hindi, Spanish, French, Arabic, or Tagalog.