National Nursing and Midwifery Commission (NNMC) has proposed the National Exit Test- Nursing & Midwifery (NEXT) which will be the basis of admission to the postgraduate courses in Nursing and Midwifery institutions of India.
This will be a common final year undergraduate nursing & midwifery examination and registration will be granted after passing the exam in the state or center register according to the application.
Below are the features of the National Exit Test
- National Nursing & Midwifery Commission (NNMC) will conduct the exam
- The test will become the common final year undergraduate nursing & midwifery examination
- After passing the exam, nurses can apply for registration in the state or center register
- This test will be operational within five years of the commencement of NNMC Act.
- National Exit Test will be functional within five years of the commencement of the NNMC Act.
- Any foreign nurse who want to register and practice in India have to pass the test
- The test will be the basis of the Admission in the postgraduate institution
- The commission will create the specification for common counseling for postgraduate admission
- The commission will create specification for ANM and Lady Health Visitor exit test for registration in the respective state register.
Indian Nursing Council Act 1947 will be revoked and National Nursing & Midwifery Commission (NNMC) will take the charge very soon. The NNMC draft bill was released on 5th November 2020 and will be finalized after receiving public comments.
The last date to submit the comments for National Nursing & Midwifery Commission Proposed Bill 2020 is 06-12-2020.
Comments can be sent to the email id of the Ministry of Health: email@example.com