In the latest National level election for the President and Vice President of the Indian Nursing Council, Dr. Jogendra Sharma is elected as Vice President of INC. T Dilip Kumar is also elected as President and continues to lead the institution.
Dr. Ramalinga Mali and Dr. Anne Grace were also contesting for the posts of Chairman and Vice-President. Dr. Sharma defeated Dr. Anne Grace, Registrar, Indian Nurses Council, Tamilnadu.
Dr. Jogendra Sharma was a recipient of a national award for President of Florence Nightingale Foundation in 2015, currently serving as Principal, Govt. College of Nursing, Jaipur. He is also the President of the TNAI state branch in Rajasthan.
Dr. Sharma said that he will promote the use of nursing simulations in nursing practice and institutions. Help in developing high-quality nursing education and professional expertise that is globally recognized. Improving and prioritizing nurses’ pay grades similar to AIIMS. Focus on the availability of national and international jobs.
Below are the position held by Dr. Jogendra Sharma in the past and present
- Assistant Registrar, Rajasthan University of Health Sciences (RUHS)
- Registrar, Rajasthan Nursing Council (Dec. 2013 to Nov. 2015)
- Principal Coordinator, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) Project
- President, TNAI State Branch Rajasthan
- HOI – IGNOU Regional Study Centre
- Member Secretary – Faculty of Nursing, RUHS
- Member -Board of Studies, RUHS
- Member- Board of Inspection, RUHS
- Member – Academic Council, RUHS
- Chairman, Counselling Board, RUHS (2016)